I have been in travel for nearly 30 years and my passion is cruising. Before joining NZ Travel Brokers I was a sales rep for 6 years for a company who represented a number of fabulous cruise lines.
I have even presented cruising at many travel expos during that time. I have cruised extensively, and whenever possible my husband and I are off cruising, either as a couple, with our children or with friends. Very shortly I am off on another Alaskan Cruise with a small group; I have 3 escorted groups planned for 2015, one is a 15 day APT River Cruise from Budapest to Amsterdam, another cruising the Mediterranean and one to the Baltic.
I am a Cruise Line International Association (CLIA) CRUISE MASTER only one of two based South of Nelson. This year, I was the only New Zealander to attend the Cruise3Sixty Cruise 5 day Convention in Fort Lauderdale, where I attended various workshops on different cruise lines, cruising destinations, and what is new in cruising. I was able to do two ship inspections one on Royal Caribbean’s’ Oasis of the Seas, an absolutely amazing ship, and the other on NCL’s Epic a really funky ship. Also, while I was in Florida I couldn’t miss the opportunity to cruise the Caribbean, so I did two cruises, one cruising for 7 days on Eastern Caribbean on Celebrity Silhouette and then a 5 night cruise on Ruby Princess cruising the Western Caribbean. The Caribbean was amazing, visiting great destinations, fabulous duty free shopping, and gorgeous white sandy beaches as well as some historical treasures.
I would love to share my knowledge and passion with you to ensure you have the best cruise possible. I can help you to get the right ship, and the right itinerary to ensure you have the most amazing holiday experience.
Why Use A Travel Broker?
- I have access to a huge range of travel specials and deals.
- I’m a one stop shop for all travel. Flights, cruises, tours, rental cars – I can book it all.
- I’m your travel troubleshooter. If you run into the unexpected, call me. I’ll get it sorted.
- I’ll come to you – I’m happy to meet you at a cafe or after hours to chat about your plans.
- I’m a local business, not an anonymous website or company based halfway around the world.
If you have any travel plans, or if you’d like a quote, please get in touch – I’m happy to help!
Mary Houghton an independent affiliate of NZ Travel Brokers – A Virtuoso Member.
- Cruise Broker of the Year – 3rd Place (2019)
- Top Seller for Royal Caribbean (2017)
- Finalist CLIA Broker of the Year – New Zealand (2016)